Do you need a lawyer?

Travellers Advice Team (TAT) has represented a number of boaters recently and is building up some expertise in this area of law. TAT a team of solicitors that provides legal advice to Gypsies and Travellers.

TAT provides a Telephone Advice Line for Travellers which is funded as part of a pilot scheme by the Legal Services Commission. The Advice Line is staffed between 10.00am – 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm Monday to Friday (with exception of Bank Holidays). The number is 0121 685 8677. Travellers can speak directly to experienced advisers on questions of evictions, planning matters, issues involving official caravan sites and other matters.

TAT is part of The Community Law Partnership (Solicitors – Housing Law Advice). TAT is made up of a dedicated group of solicitors and legal workers who provide specialist legal advice and representation to the Traveller community throughout England and Wales. Their work focuses predominantly on evictions and planning. The main team is supported by the other solicitors and advisors in the Community Law Partnership. The Travellers Advice Team provides emergency 24hr national advice and representation and works closely with other non-government agencies working with Travellers.

The Community Law Partnership (CLP) is a radical, progressive firm specialising in housing law in the West Midlands and Traveller law nationally. CLP aims to provide quality legal services to the most vulnerable and disadvantaged sections of society who, without their assistance, would be denied access to the legal system and to their rights. CLP provides advice, assistance and representation to clients in the following areas:

defending possession and eviction actions

Traveller evictions and planning problems



compensation claims for illegal eviction and/or injunctions to prevent it

injunctions against bad landlords

getting repairs done to rented properties

compensation claims for disrepair

renovation grants for home owners

disabled facilities grants

National Assistance Act work


Travellers Advice Team,

Community Law Partnership,

4th Floor, Ruskin Chambers,

191 Corporation Street,

Birmingham B4 6RP.

Landline: 0121 685 8595 or 0121 685 8677

24 hour Emergency Phone Service: 07768 316755

Fax: 0121 236 5121


Tags: , , ,

One Response to “Do you need a lawyer?”

  1. paul biddy MonsterID Icon paul biddy says:

    Yep. Chris at CLP solicitors is good, along with Geraldine at Stone King solicitors in Bath.

    Also contact Martin Westgate at Doughty Street chambers, Valerie Easty, Stephen Marsh, Stephen Cottle and Jan Luba at Garden Court Chambers along with Michelle Harris at 1 Pump Court Chambers. Check on their availability by e-mail and then refer to Chris or Geraldine to do the rest… All of these lawyers are up to date on BW legislation and ECHR