Don’t lose your right to vote in the General Election

The election is less than two months away. If you want to vote, liveaboard boaters without a fixed address can register by declaring a local connection. You can download the form below. The form has changed since last year and requires more information such as your date of birth and National Insurance number. This change has been made because of the move to individual voter registration, rather than household registration. Boat dwellers with no fixed address have always needed to register individually so the change is not so great for us. You will need to register by the beginning of April to get on the register before the election. You can’t register online if you are declaring a local connection.

Here is the voter registration form to download and use anywhere in the UK Electoral Registration Generic NFA

Send the form to the Electoral Registration Officer in the local authority where you have declared a local connection. You will find the Electoral Registration Officer’s address on the local authority’s web site and at the nearest library. If you have no address at all, you can use the electoral registration office address for mail relating to elections, such as voting cards.

Here are the addresses for electoral registration officers along the K&A:

Keynsham to Dundas Aqueduct

Bath & North East Somerset Council

Electoral Services


High Street

Bath BA1 5AW

Tel: 01225 477424

Dundas Aqueduct to Froxfield

Wiltshire Electoral Registration Officer

Wiltshire Council

Monkton Park



SN15 1ER

Tel: 01249706595

Fax: 01249 463481

Froxfield to Burghfield Bridge

Electoral Registration Officer

West Berkshire Council

Market Street


RG14 5LD

Tel: 01635 519463

Burghfield Bridge to River Thames

Reading Borough Council

Electoral Services

Civic Centre



Tel: 0118 939 0284

Tags: , , , ,